Maui offers a variety of ways to keep abreast of Maui news, including newspapers, TV, radio, social media and websites. Below is a list of resources and summaries of what they have to offer.
Hawaii has multiple newspapers that are available online and some are even distributed via postal service. The publications cover news across the Hawaiian Islands, with the Maui News newspaper being rated as one of the most comprehensive sources for news and events in Maui. The first Maui News edition was printed on February 17, 1900, with daily publications, except Saturdays. To date, it reports on statewide news with a focus on local upcoming events, job listings, lifestyle, classifieds, sports news, and area updates. For the most current news and sports information, the Maui News publishes 7 days a week, is one of the most popular media choices for both residents and travelers, and is available online as well as mail delivery.
If you’re in search of a news source that delivers information pertaining to Maui entertainment, culture, arts, dining and events, check out the Maui Time website, which was established in 1997. A quick subscription will send you an email of all the interesting happenings in Maui. This is also available islandwide in print at many different coffee shops and restaurants.
- Art of Aloha is happening at Lahaina Galleries on Sunday, January 26th. For their 18th annual event, attendees can look forward to an art-filled evening of culture, socializing, and local artisan vibes. Refreshments and light pups will be provided. Free. 11am-3pm. Lahaina Galleries, (3750 Wailea Alanui #A23, Kihei); 808-874-8583. photo courtesy of Facebook/Lahaina Galleries For […]
- See “Stanley Jordan Plays Jimi” at Maui Arts and Cultural Center on Friday, January 24th. Jordan is a world-renowned artist that uses two hands to play melody and chord simultaneously. It will certainly be a show like no other on the Valley Isle, and all are invited to enjoy this rare experience! The show will […]
- See Broadway Pops with Jodi Benson at Maui Arts and Cultural Center on Sunday, January 26th. We all know that Maui’s Broadway Pops Orchestra is amazing but guess what? Benson is the original voice of Ariel in Walt Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.” Here’s a very cool and rare family-friendly event to check out on Maui […]
- Read Aloud America is happening at Maui Ocean Center on Sunday, January 26th. At this event, Maui’s youth have an opportunity to dive into a new world through the power of a story. Every child will receive a valuable experience, a healthy snack, and a book to take home. The event happens every Sunday of […]
- Beachfest 2020 is happening at Pa‘ia Youth & Cultural Center on Saturday, January 25th and Sunday, January 26th. For their 23rd annual event, families and water sports aficionados can look forward to an exciting display of youth sports action. The competition is always friendly and a celebration of the North Shore community. Competitors will be […]
At MauiNow.com, you can find up-to-the-minute details on current news, events, traffic, weather, dining, business, sports, and more. The website is entirely focused on providing present coverage directly related to Maui. They even send out text alerts for individuals who wanted to stay ‘in the know. You can also find snorkel and surf conditions as well.
- The Hawai‘i Department of Health is advising physicians statewide to be alert for patients who have travelled from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
- Applicants must be a nonprofit organization in compliance with Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code and should have reasonable experience in housing and/or an understanding of construction principles and standard industry practices.
- The Pacific Whale Foundation will present a biopic of founder Greg Kaufman, “A Voice for Whales” during its 40th Anniversary World Whale Film Festival on Friday, Feb.14 at the Historic ʻĪao Theater in Wailuku.
- The crowdfunding site, GoFundMe has verified two campaigns established on the platform to raise funds for the families of fallen Honolulu Police Officers Tiffany Enriquez and Kaulike Kalama who died in the line of duty on Jan. 19, 2020.
- Honokalani Road will be closed at the top at its entrance off of Hāna Highway to everyone except for local traffic and residents in the area.
Maui also has a great resource for news on the county’s own website. The mauicounty.gov website has a large cross-section of important news for locals and visitors alike. It’s a great way to keep up with what the county is doing and how the projects affect locals and visitors alike.
- Mayor Victorino’s 2020 State of the County Address set for Feb. 11, at South Maui Community Park GymMayor Michael Victorino will be delivering his 2020 State of the County Address on Feb. 11, at South Maui Community Park Gymnasium.
- Press Release #01-003-20 Maui Police Departent
- The County of Maui is recruiting for the full time positions of County Clerk and Deputy County Clerk.
- WATER SHUT-DOWN AFFECTING KAHULUI. On Thursday, January 23, 2020, ROJAC Construction will be performing work on the County’s water system on Hina Avenue. Water service will be shut-off from approximately 9:00 pm to 3:00 am.
- The County of Maui announces it will be accepting applications on-line for its Housing Choice Voucher Program Waiting List beginning at 8:30 a.m. on January 27, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on February 17, 2020.
Hawaii News Now
Comprised of K5, KHNL (NBC) and KGMB (CBS), Hawaii News Now (HNN) is the largest media organization and TV broadcasting network in all of Hawaii. It is a reliable resource for news, traffic, weather, sports, and events that are available on the nawaiinewsnow.com website, social media, and phone apps.
The Lahaina News is also a great source for information about what’s happening in Lahaina Town specifically. Here you would find more local-specific news related to schools, roads, utilities, and goings on in Lahaina.
Maui has quite a few radio stations to tune into your favorite music, where you can enjoy different genres of music including rock, country, pop, and Hawaiian music. However, if you want to tune into a station that provides the true sound of Maui as well as local news and area happenings, it would be 93.5 – KPOA.
Akaku is a community-based media source that gives a voice to the Maui and Molokai residents with options to produce recordings as well as gain access to Maui Community Media TV channels. Whether you’re looking for local news, classes, and events or record your own video, Akaku is a valuable resource.
Maui News Summary
There is a wide selection of Maui media resources. Whether you are searching for dining options, a schedule of activities, real-time news and weather, or want to browse jobs or real estate, these sources will help you find what you’re looking for before, during, and after your visit to Maui.